Thursday, March 8

Keys to Success: Balance


Key to success is going to be an ongoing series here on Alum Row where we will be sharing our individual experiences and insight about success with a new post each Friday. Yes I know Friday is usually the day that people want flee from anything work related but this is the best time to be proactive. While everyone is "sleeping" you can be working on you A game :). 


Today's topic is Balance. I personally do believe that in order for anyone to be successful they must first have a firm foundation.  Family, friends, School(Job), and faith are often the building blocks that make up this foundation. However, it is simply not enough to have these ingredients. In order to be successful in life, one has to understand how to find and maintain a proper balance between the aforementioned building blocks. I made the mistake of not understanding the importance of balance my freshman year in college since I was overly concerned with doing well (trying to get a 4.0). Especially after hearing horror stories of people doing poorly their freshman year, I decided to put my all into school. Then, when it became time for me to "ration" my free time for the other things in my life there was none left. Even though I did well my first semester in undergrad, I had failed in ever other aspect in my life. It was not until I learned how to balance my second semester that I saw a change. I made time for everything else that I had previously disregarded. I even did better academically though I had spent less time studying.
 The key here is finding the right type of balance in your life to create not only a more successful but well rounded you.

No comments:

Post a Comment