Thursday, March 1

Sittin' On The Row with Amber

 


1. Introduce yourself to our bloggers (including name, major, school, year graduated or anticipated date, and anything else you want us to know).
Hello world, my name is Amber I am a BS candidate for Computer Science and Spanish on May 20, 2012

2. So you told that your learning style has changed from freshmen year to now. How so?  
Basically I have learned that I was not supposed to be studying as much I did freshman year. My type of learning is class-centered and homework-centered. Once I understand concepts at these levels I do not have to study material as much and I actually should not. I learned almost too late that I excel in college when I am not worried of studying hardcore in the library and engineering labs. 

3. What type of learning style do you have now?
I learn by focusing on the interest of my professors and the interests that I have in the subject. I do not worry too much about grades anymore, I focus on learning the content and I excel from there. 

4. How has this change affected your life and your viewpoint on life?
I now take life as it comes. I am less stressed and I enjoy time with the people that I care about. I do not get bogged down by numbers and expectations but I let the passion that  I have for my two fields be the standard that companies and professors see. 

5. Cool. What else do you want readers to know about you?
I love to travel. I love Spanish! I love community service! I have been to the DR to teach underprivileged children English in a rural area called Cruz Verde in the Yabaco region of the island. I have traveled several countries in Spain- Madrid, Salamanca, Barcelona, Figueres, Galicia, Segovia.

6. Where can we find you on the web? (Twitter, Facebook, blog, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment