Sunday, April 15

Sittin' on the Row with DJ Tele



1. Introduce yourself to our bloggers (including name, major, school, year graduated, and anything else you want us to know).
Hello bloggers! My name is Joey. I graduated with the class of 2010 from the University of Maryland, College Park with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.



2. So you told that your style in music has changed from your college years to now. How so?
Yes, the style of music that I enjoy listening to has narrowed since my college years because I listen to hip hop more than ever before. In the past, there was about an even split between listenning to r&b and hip-hop the most. Also, I used to dabble with other genres like alternative rock and pop.

3. What type of music do you listen to now?
Today, I mostly listen to hip hop. But not just the same commercial stuff and popular artists you always hear on the radio. I've expanded more into new and up-coming artists. In this digital age, hip hop artists have been putting out quality mixtapes that resemble studio albums and have sometimes been better than studio albums. So, I have grown to become fans of new artists like Wale, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa, Frank Ocean, Mac Miller, Meek Millz, 2 Chainz, Tyga, Nicki Minaj, Drake, etc. These artists have put out some dope mixtapes prior to their major label/commercial success.

4. How has this change affected your life and your viewpoint on life?
This change in music I listen to has affected my life and viewpoint on life by influencing me to dream big and execute a plan to achieve them. Many of the rappers I mentioned in the previous answered question have dreamed of being a rapper. Being successful at it wasn't given to them. They worked and strived for success. So, I use their accomplishments as inspiration to chase my own dreams. Growing up, I've always had aspirations to do many things in my life time. I love music and the culture behind it. It's influenced me to want to be a producer, DJ, hip-hop artist, and hip-hop dancer. At some point in my life, I have attempted to be all of those. I've noticed that in our generation, we are provided many tools and resources that were not available before. So, if you want to do or be something, there's no excuse as to why you can't do or be something.

5. Cool. What else do you want readers to know about you?
I'm nice at DJ'ing. I have been a DJ for many years and have performed at many events including house parties, graduation parties, cookouts, pool parties, speed dating events, college events, etc. I play an array of party music including hip hop (east coast, west coast, southern/crunk, etc.), r&b, reggae/dance hall, dance/pop, gogo, Baltimore Club, line dance, old school (80's, 90's, 00's), African, etc. Contact me if you ever need a DJ. My prices are reasonable.

6. Where can we find you on the web?
DJ Mixes: http://djtele.bandcamp.com
Producer Beats: www.soundclick.com/djtele
Twitter: www.twitter.com/GoDJTele
E-Mail: DiscJockeyTele@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment