Friday, June 1

Its Chill Time: The Power of Reflection

Lately I have been reflecting on my past, present, and future as I open the next chapter of my life.  June 3rd I leave for training in Basking Ridge NJ to work for a consulting company and the first week of July I leave my family and friends to start a life in another city.  Am I scared?  As Wayne and Drizzy would say, "HYFR".  I'm extremely scared about this next chapter.


Source

"Where will I live?"  "What projects will I be working on?"  "How will I meet new people and make new friends?" are a few thoughts that traverse through my mind from time to time.  So to cope with this NEW change in my life I have doing two things:

  1. Working on developing my relationships with God and people who share similar beliefs
  2. Reflecting
So what's Reflection?  Well Wolfram Research directly states, 


    
The law of reflection states that the angle of incidence  of a wave or stream of particles reflecting from a boundary, conventionally measured from the normal to the interface (not the surface itself), is equal to theangle of reflection , measured from the same interface,


Although I just publicly displayed my inner geek, I wanted to give you a technical definition of reflection.  After nine definitions, dictionary.reference.com defines reflect as:

to think, ponder, or meditate: to reflect on one's virtues and faults.

So yeah, that is the definition I was looking for.  Reflection has worked wonders for me.  It has allowed to replay my past experiences via deep thought, enjoy them again or ponder on mistakes to make revisions on myself for a better me.  Reflection has helped me to calm down and be a chiller me!  Some ways that help me reflect are looking at pictures, writing blog posts (like this one), listening to music, and thinking about past experiences.  My advice to anyone that doesn't take time to reflect, is to take a few minutes out of your day to reflect and really get to know oneself. 



4 comments:

  1. Haha you're such a geek but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! as soon as I became an alum I found out just how logical and analytical of a person I was. Those qualities have helped to form the inner geek.

      Delete
  2. I really like this blog! Best of luck to you at your new job, I'm sure you will do great! And yes, as long as you stay close to God, He will provide all of your needs :) It's natural to be nervous/scared but you have no need to be afraid! You are never alone!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sorry I saw this so late. I looked at your blog. Its a solid body of work I really like it. I'm going to subscribe once I get home. =)

      Delete