Wednesday, February 22

A Transitioning State of Mind

Time to reflect. We've all done it. I call this, the stages of my educated mind.

High school - Was pretty darn easy, probably even easier than middle school. All I had to do was show up to class and turn in assignments which, apparently, was pretty hard for the average teenager to do. The only struggles I had were memorizing my marching band music *go c-nets!*



College - Completely different ball game. Here I had a choice whether or not to go to class and my parents would never know if I didn't! I saw many of my friends skipping class consistently but the work was actually difficult so I had to go to class, often had to stalk my professors at office hours. BUT after working hard, there was much more free time to partay - something that didn't seem to exist for me in high school. Overall, college = thumbs up

Grad school - Now, not only do I want to go to class to understand the material, but I'm surrounded by other smart people so I want to outshine them! Class sizes are way smaller from a 150 person calculus class in undergrad to a 18 person statistics class in grad school. Now  it's harder to shine, even though there are less people to compete with - imagine that! Everything that I didn't learn in undergrad, I'm re-learning in grad school. I call this The Re-education of Robbi B.

Any similar experiences people? Sometimes I wonder how the work load changes from college to a full time job... but then I come to reality and realize I don't want to know. haha


Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment